The Pollinator Project aims to:
• Raise awareness of the genuine contribution we can each make to the enhancement of Guernsey’s biodiversity by providing food and habitats for pollinators.
• Encourage the community to take action in their gardens, allotments, window boxes and balconies to make them pollinator-friendly.
• Work with schools, business, sports facilities and community groups to establish pollinator patches throughout the island.
• Persuade large-scale landowners, such as the States of Guernsey, utility companies, and managers of public and amenity spaces to plant flowers, shrubs, hedging and trees for pollinators and creating nesting habitats.
• Discourage the use of pesticides in gardens and other open spaces.